As part of Mason Facilities department, Land Development division (Mason LD) is to ensure Mason ‘s compliance with stormwater laws and regulations and campus planning criteria. Mason LD is responsible for the administration of policies and programs, with the goal to meet environmental requirements and standards. Programs managed by Mason LD include Stormwater Management Program, Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination Program, Public Education and Outreach Program, Site Construction Inspection Program, BMP Maintenance Program, etc.
Key Functions of the Land Development Team
- Implementing Mason MS4 Stormwater Program and ensuring compliance with VAR04 General Permit
- Assessing, inspecting and maintaining Mason stormwater infrastructures
- Serving as the permitting authority for land disturbing projects
- Overseeing construction site compliance with VAR10 Construction General Permit
- Providing engineering solution for small drainage and landscape projects
- Acting as the liaison with localities and utility companies
- Maintaining and updating stormwater and environmental mapping
- Supporting students learning experience through Facilities Intern program and outreach program
For any questions or concerns, please contact the George Mason Land Development Team at MasonLD@gmu.edu.