The goal of the Land Development division (Mason LD) is to assist George Mason University’s Construction Management team with the review and supervision of new projects in order to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies and campus planning criteria. The collective efforts of Mason LD accomplish this task through procedural systems that involve regular inspections, as well as, the evaluation of impacts associated with construction. Besides overseeing the physical development of new projects, Mason LD is also responsible for the administration of in-house policies and programs, with the goal of meeting environmental goals and standards. Some of the programs managed by Land development include the Stormwater Management Program, the Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination Program, and Public Education and Outreach Program, among others.
Key functions of the Land Development team include:
- Development of the MS4 Program as required by the permit VAR04 – 4VAC50-60-1200
- Education on the public on the impacts of stormwater and the MS4 program
- SWM program authority in land disturbing
- Manage, oversee, implement, improve GMU ESC standards and specs
- Ensure compliance with VSMP permit
Civil & Environmental Engineer Manager
E&S Project Engineer
For any questions or concerns, please contact the George Mason Land Development Team at MasonLD@gmu.edu.