Infrastructure & Records
The Infrastructure and Records Office is responsible for the facility condition assessment and inspection of all buildings and infrastructure at the three George Mason University campuses, and the history files and records for those assets. Examples of the files and records include the final project as-built drawings, and equipment and material submittals and catalog cuts. The Office works closely with the other Physical Plant departments, especially Contracts and Operations, to verify the accuracy of project scope and documentation.
The Facilities Archives holds architectural and engineering drawings, specifications, studies, maintenance manuals, shop drawing, construction submittals, and other related construction and maintenance project documentation regarding GMU buildings and property.
Requesting or Transferring Records
Requests should include:
- What records are needed
- Why these records are needed
- How soon do they need to be delivered and in what format
- Generally, requests are responded to within 24 hour period
- Use the Information Request Form to place a request for records.
Requesting GIS Data or Maps
Use the Information Request Form to place a request for GIS maps.
- Facilities Archives only collects “record” documents and other select construction project documentation
- Notify the Plans and Records Manager (contact information above) prior to transferring any records
- Complete a Transmittal Form inventorying all records for transfer (digital and hardcopy)
- Box and prepare hardcopy records for pick-up.
Building Name Index is an index of building numbers, names, alternative names, former names and original construction project names.
Please contact the Plans and Records for details on any files, forms, standards, or procedures; email email@example.com.