Campus Master Planning
Campus Master Planning activities will provide a process and guidance toward developing the specifics of Mason’s campus architecture, landscape architecture and site engineering. The Assistant Vice President of Campus Planning & Design has responsibility of working with the Land and Building’s Committee to develop guidelines for exterior architecture, landscape architecture and precinct planning or development. Utility and Infrastructure planning is an important aspect of this work as well – this includes coordination with other technical user groups such as ITU, Transportation and Parking, University Services, etc.
- Lead the University’s capital planning process each year.
- Allocate and evaluate space throughout the University on an ongoing basis reporting to Space Administration Committee.
- Manage the Capital Request process coordinating with the facilities maintenance reserve program for the University.
- Undertake planning and space utilization studies in support of the University’s goals and priorities.
To achieve this mission, the Campus Planning Team interfaces and communicates regularly with the Office of the Provost, Academic Unit Deans, Administrative Units, and Senior University Leadership.
- Planning for reassignment of space within schools or departments
- Planning for renovation of space within schools and departments
- Scoping Studies focused on the development of new or renovated spaces for schools and departments
- Studies of how space is utilized in a given school or department in order to improve space efficiency or re-think space allocations
- Planning for moves, swing space, and other identified space needs.