Campus Master Planning
Campus Master Planning activities will provide a process and guidance
toward developing the specifics of Mason’s campus architecture, landscape
architecture and site engineering. The Director of Campus Planning and University
Architect has responsibility of working with the Land and Building’s Committee to
develop guidelines for exterior architecture, landscape architecture and precinct
planning/development. Utility and Infrastructure planning is an important aspect of
this work as well – this includes coordination with other technical user groups such
as ITU, Transportation and Parking, University Services and etc.
- Lead the University's capital planning process each biennium.
- Allocate and evaluate space throughout the University on an ongoing
basis reporting to Space Administration Committee.
- Manage the Capital Request process coordinating with the facilities
maintenance reserve program for the University.
- Undertake planning and space utilization studies in support of
the University's goals and priorities.
To achieve this mission, the Capital Planning Team interfaces and communicates
regularly with the Office of the Provost, colleagues within Facilities Administration,
Deans, Directors, and Senior Officers of the University.
- Planning for reorganization of space within schools or departments
- Planning for renovation of space within schools and departments
- Scoping Studies focused on the development of new or renovated
spaces for schools and departments
- Studies of how space is utilized in a given school or department in order
to improve space efficiency or re-think space allocations
- Planning for moves, surge needs and/or storage